Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Saturday, October 21, 2006
Must be a Full Moon Out
Come see me! Don't forget to change your bookmarks and favorites.
Who knows, maybe I will join the Blogging Chicks next! Just hide and watch!
Friday, October 20, 2006
Mammogram: Peat and Repeat !
Here are links to previous Breast Cancer Awareness Posts:
What Cancer Cannot Do (Poem)
October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Be Informed)
The Day My World Changed (Black Darkness)
Light at the End of My Tunnel (Life Goes On)
Inflammatory Breast Cancer (Video)
Bald is Beautiful (Swampwitch Revealed)
There are many links included in the above posts. If one person's life is saved because of the information read here, this has been worth every single minute of time dedicated to working on this blog (glob). Kathy :)
P.S. Men can be victims of breast cancer, too. Our daughter-in-law's father is a breast cancer survivor. It is important for everyone to do self-exams. If you notice a "bump," "lump," or any change in your breast, please see your doctor.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Rainbows by Brian*
Stay Tuned for Brian's Poetry
But BloggerGlobber decided to have them for dinner. Chomp ! Chomp!
Hopefully, the post will be up sometime later. Stay tuned for more chaos from Swampwitch's GlogAsylum.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Bald Is Beautiful / And The Winners Are !
The photo below is a little bit scary !
Much worse than any 'moon' you have seen so far.
This is one of those random posts that appear here quite often.
Top Ten Reasons for Having Chemotherapy and Losing Hair:
10. When driving to work, never have to wonder, worry, or obsess if curling iron was left on.
9. No gut-wrenching decisions about having a perm, getting a short cut, or wearing it long and wavy.
8. Gray hair? No problem. . . it no longer shows.
7. Can take on new personality according to wig and/or hat style and stay in character all day.
bow taped on top.
6. Fun and exciting to elicit startle responses by appearing in public with nothing on head except a
5.Have a great belly laugh at being mistaken for Demi Moore (GIJane), Sigourney Weaver (Alien) or better yet, Andre Agassi.
4. Save money on shampoo and conditioners and spend it on hot oil head massages . . . body massages if there’s enough oil.
3. Can entertain people sitting behind you by drawing pictures or writing messages on back of bald head.
2. Get revenge at the hair-stylist who once over-charged for a bad hair cut by telling everyone she is responsible for this “new style.”
1. Have ample time to sit in front of mirror, watch hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows slowly grow back, and get priorities straight.
PART TWO of this Post:
Here are the contestants:
I will post the real story about "What This Man is Doing" later this week but wanted to mail the prizes out tomorrow.
Because there were so many wonderful entries, I could not make a decision. I have decided to handle it this way:
The first 3 contestants named above to comment on today's post will receive a Barnes & Noble gift card or the glow-in-the dark commode lid. Name the prize you want to receive.
Please e-mail your snail mail address to:
The other contestants may go here to claim your runner-up prize.
Congratulations and Thank You to all.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
One More Day
Monday, October 16, 2006
Hello to Our Son-in-Law in Iraq
"Hi Daddy !"
Thanks to 21st Century technology, we are able to see you from the other side of the World.
The second part follows with a few more pictures because Blogger would not cooperate and upload all of them here.
Part Two: Hello to Ben in Iraq
I urge all readers to spend some time at this site whenever you have a few minutes.
Thank You. Kathy :)
Here are a few more pictures we thought you might enjoy.
Revealed: Julie and McDreamy/Swampwitch's Moon
Actually, I think Claudia started it. Then, Willowtree , joined in. Let me warn you if you link to WT, you will see a real moon. Put your sunglasses on.
Possibly, Jenny started the whole thing but I can't locate her moon.
I am totally surprised that Marnie doesn't have a moon posted because she's posts about everything else. Including self-portraits in the mirror in which she is quite HONEST.
She also tries to lead us to conclusions that some bloggers might be FRAUDS.
I am unable to locate any more of the moon posts because I think they have ended up in Archives and I have run out of time looking for them. PLEASE, if you posted a moonshot, let me know where it is.
Even though I am late posting my moon, I decided this particular picture was appropriate.
If I have enough bribes, I will post the real picture. I have it. I really do.