Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rainbows by Brian*

Rainbows. . .
Well, I had a rainbow picture that BloggerGlobber ate. It wasn't nearly as pretty as the one BarnGoddess posted. So, I decided to not let BloggerGoober get me down. Instead, here's another photo from one of our Babes' Fest get togethers. High school friends reunited after 35 years. Our hair reminds me of a rainbow.
And now, for the purpose of this post. Brian was kind enough to write a couple of poems in my honor of being a Breast Cancer survivor.
His comment came from "The Day My World Changed" post.
RAINBOWS - by Brian*
they stretch from side to side
a perfect arc of color
all shades are there
where ever you turn
young and old of all races
men and women dressed in pink
a rainbow of compassion
united in a common cause
Haiku - by Brian*
shaved skull mark of pride
fractured prism streaming waves
defiant pink stands.
This poem was written for the Bald Post.
Thank you, Brian, for always visiting and sharing your talent with us.
*Please visit Brian at Truth is Freedom to enjoy more of his writing.
For a spectacular photo of a double Rainbow, be sure to click on the link for BarnGoddess above.

9 Comments:

Blogger Susan in va said...

Brian - that was beautiful.
Swampwitch - so are you!

I love this picture! I'm wondering if I could get all of my friends to go for a night out with rainbow wigs! I'll bet you guys have a ball :)

P.S. Swampwitch, the sunflower - I GET IT!! It's all so clear now ;)

10/19/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Hey swampwitch!

your getting good at this blogger thing :) I hate when it eats posts. grrrrrr if you want a picture of the rainbow for yourself, email me at lorinokla@aol.com and Ill send it to you so you can post it or just have it.

I LOVE the picture of the colored wigs :)

Bri's poem was beautiful!

10/19/2006 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger Old Dominion Heather said...

You know...you have a very nicely shaped head. I don't. If I had your head I might stay bald...but I would want eyebrows.

Congratulations. I'm glad you are cancer-free. My mom just finished radiation.

10/19/2006 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger G said...

You girls sure know how to have fun! Love the wigs and the rainbow poem that goes with it. The poems were both beautiful Brian.

Signed,
LWTLSOHH

10/19/2006 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sunshine....I'm sorry I've been amiss. I was away from my computer in Vegas for the weekend and I'm still catching up on everyone's blogs. You've been a busy blogger/globber. ;0]
Are you the aqua blue wig or the dark pink? I'm guessing the dark pink. Hope I was right.

Thought of you as I was driving back from Montana...we came back thru SLC and drove right thru your neck-o-the-woods.

♥Pam

10/19/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Great poems, Brian!!! What a nice way to end my day - with hope.

10/19/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Brian: Thank you for the colorful poems.

Susan: You are a Super Snooper...like the pieces of a puzzle. The 'Babes" had a blast.

BarnGoddes: I have e-mailed you.

ODHeather: Good for your mom. I hope she is doing well.

LWTLSOHH: Yes, we had a lot of fun with those wigs.

Pam: I thought you were on the road with orietation or something.
You guessed right with the dark pink...there is a post that you've missed featuring a Bald Swampwitch.

KarmynR: Glad you had a nice 'end of the day.'

10/20/2006 05:37:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, the first week of October I was in Montana. Then I came home on the 9th. Left on the 13th and came home on the 16th...well, really very, very early on the 17th...like 0230 or 2:30am. Then on Wednesday I had to drive to Denver to give orientation...but that's just one day. But after orientation, I picked up me mum from DIA so we didn't get back till after 2100 or 9pm. I'm pretty whipped and just now recovering from all this gadding about.

I peeked at your previous posts. Saw your bald or rather...almost bald...I saw that fine layer of dark hair.
So, did your hair grow back in differently? Very good friend of mine's hair grew in curly!! Like Little Orphan Annie curly.
Have a great day sweetie.
♥Pam

10/20/2006 06:35:00 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

You are such a brave and wonderful person. :) I'm so glad you beat the "evil C" and I hope you remain cancer free. Your post about finding was so very well written, I had tears pouruing down my face as I read it.

You all looked so cute in your wigs!

Brian, wonderful poems. :)

10/20/2006 06:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home