Monday, September 18, 2006

And The Winners Are . . .

And The Winners Are...



Man with Stick After Fetching It Off Garage Roof


June Bug with a different stick while man fetches the other one off the garage roof.

Links are listed below.

#1 Closest to what he is actually doing:

Pamela guessed it first with Pam coming in second.

". . . looking for something that got thrown up there . . . "

The something was June Bug's stick they were playing fetch with.

#2 Best title for all four pictures:

KatieT: " S H _ _ on a Shingle"

One of many duties of a pteradactyl owner, roof pooper scooping.

#3 Funniest caption:

Pamela's limerick:

There once was a man heard to utter

As he balanced himself o'r the shutter

This job is so dirty

My thoughts sure ain't purty

Can't keep my mind outta the gutter.

. . . AND her captions from TV and movies:

1) Beam me up Scotty. (Star Trek)

2) Able to leap tall building in a single bound. (Superman)

3) I'll be back. (The Teminator)

4) Made it, Ma. Top of the World (Who Killed Roger Rabbit)

Pam - Ramblings and Other Things

KatieT - Now Hear This

Pamela - The Dust Will Wait

Please e-mail me with your Pony Express address so I can mail a surprise to you.

Pam, the bear is dead. One of those three strikes and you're out bears. I'm headed to your archives to see what you have to say about bears.

Honorable mention goes to everyone who participated:

Brian

Michelle

Melzie (and thanks for noticing the dogs were Boxers)

Debs

G

KarmynR

Robin

and Library Goddess (Garlic Grits and Bloody Mary Girl)

P.S. I hope all the links work. This is just my second time to try this.

10 Comments:

Blogger Minka said...

Ok...I am new...so I have to figure out what is going on here. Playing, guessing, captioning...count me in!

9/18/2006 07:05:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello SW!
I am glad you were hunting around my archives. I'm more honored than anything else. But
this was why I sent you.
[Lordy I hope this link works]
Hopefully that explains it!!
I'm shooting you an email lickety-split.
♥Pam

9/18/2006 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Way to link! :) xoxo melzie

9/18/2006 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well Dolly, how do I email you??? Am I missing something somewhere?
♥Pam

9/18/2006 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Minka: Thanks for visiting this random place. I certainly enjoyed your plethora of info today. I wonder how many people tried to lick their elbow?

Pam: PLEASE tell me how to add a link to my comments. If it has to do with HTML, forget it. And yes, my daughters call me a control freak for the moderation thing, and I will let go sometime, but can't just yet.

Melzie: You have one of the cutest avatars. Notice there are two moving on this page. Howjadodat?

To the other winners: Just send your address as a comment and I won't publish it.

9/18/2006 08:23:00 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Dog-gone-it! I'm always a day late for these contests! ! !

9/19/2006 05:03:00 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Great pics! oh my, that doggie has a big mouth! beautiful boxer tho :)

9/19/2006 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Adding links to comments isn't hard sweetie...really.
I went to this blogger help page.
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42028&query=link&topic=&type=f
I would have put that in a link but....
I put the page in favorites and when I need to copy the code they list in the first sentence, I just open a new browser and copy and paste. But there's no reason you could not put it in a document a put it on your desktop. I'm sure there are other ways to do it as well. I am slowly getting to the point where I almost have it memorized, only because I like to link and look cool..hey, that's the truth!
html isn't hard if you take it pieces and not glaze over when you look at the code as a whole. Another person who is good with blog stuff is TNChick.
She has helped me redesign my template and for a very nominal fee because sometimes, a girl needs help!!
BTW, liked your recipe for Lime Soup. I've heard about it and love limes, will have to try it soon. I blog with a gal who has her own blog recipe site called... Moogalicious. We need to get that kickstarted again, so go shake her cage will ya!! I think you will like Moogie.
Well, that's about it. Anytime you are done with the bear baby, bring it over here to the Front Range!!
;0]
♥Pam

9/19/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

See I am just not creative and could not come up with anything. Oh I loved the limerick though. That was great!!

I will see what I can do on the next go round. So what was he doing with the vacuum & wine? Did I totally miss that?

9/19/2006 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Shauna: There will be another What Is This Man Doing contest coming up soon. Believe me, he provides me with plenty of stories and pics.

BarnGoddess: You think her mouth is big. You should see that tongue when she slaps it across your face.
Major slime.

KatieT: Glad the contest ranks high enough to end up on your resume.

Pam: You have to go read my comment on TNChick's blog. (Use your link to it below) to see what happened when I typed the words, "my husband"...I created a link in a comment without even trying. Just want to know who the girl is with "my husband?"

Julie: The Man is sucking up fruit flies that are circling his red wine. There will be another contest soon. Glad to see you back at it. I missed you.

9/19/2006 01:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home