Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Learning to Link Stories


Dear Sweet Robin at Pensieve,
You are my new best friend. Thank you for the step-by-step instructions on how to link to a previous story. I won't know if if works for sure until I publish, but that's the only way I'll learn.
To anyone who accidentally or on purpose (I can't imagine why on purpose !) ends up here, I'm sure they are shaking their heads in disbelief at what they find posted at this random place. I hesitate to call it an asylum . . . yet.
My daughters who call me a control freak (and I did consider using that as my user name, but Controlling Freaky Swampwitch was a little much), have questioned me about how I decide on what to post. I can't answer that yet. It just comes naturally, I guess.
I have readers, Pam ,who are now trying to help me turn my speakers back on with instructions like:
check the cord connections from your speakers to your CPU-that big thing you put your CD's into. Oh, she knows me. It was forever that I thought my computer was the screen and keyboard. I kid you not.
It is so much fun learning this. And doing it in front of people is no problem for me. I taught for over 25 years, mostly middle school, and I learned in front of them everyday. They taught me so much.

I started with a story about Globbing, How Do I Begin? And, Robin, unfortunately, Willowtree won't help because I think I offended him with my misuse of the word Blog. All that can be located in my Globtionary.


Then I decided to share stories about life with my husband Hanstory #1 and our experiences at restaurants. At that time, I still didn't know how to post a picture. For that matter, I'm still not sure because Globber is such a pain in the "arse" at times. So, I have been instructed to use Picasa. My only question there concerns the ability to SAVE the information. Do you have to publish it immediately, or can you save it for a later date?

At some point along the way, a nice young pilot helped me with posting pictures so I wrote
Hanstory #2. Unfortunately, I did not know how to get all the pictures to post with the story itself.
Nevertheless, I was able to prove my story.

Then, I wrote
Hanstory #3 about the need for communication in a relationship and was feeling quite smug with myself, only to learn that Globber wasn't cooperating again. I had already written the story so I didn't want to have to go to Picasa and re-write it. (I know, I know, write it in Word, click copy all, and paste it.) Please understand, I have just recently learned how to work with two pages on my screen at the same time. Then, by some stroke of magic, I tried one more time to publish my text with picture of the orange crocks, and Wa-Lah, there is was. It just wasn't posted with the text.

We spent Labor Day with one of our daughters, so I just had to share that experience. Anyone who knows us, understands that this was no exaggeration. Because, I have pictures to prove it.

I wanted to share the fact that our neighbor (coach) and his son (player) had two successful seasons as the
OU Sooners-West so here is that picture. We won't mention the OU game against the Oregon Ducks last Saturday. Was something "fowl" or what?

Then, I wanted to announce the Winners of the first What is This Man Doing contest, so here they are.

I'm sure no one is still reading, but I'm having a wonderful time rambling on and on.

I've tried to post a picture with this, but once again, Globber is not cooperating. I notice they will have an outage later. I certainly hope they can "fix" whatever is wrong. I'm sure it's not me and my compooter skills.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Girl, skip picasa and go with photobucket. Very intuitive/user friendly. You can IM me on msn as motherearthpam. ON AOL at motherearthapm (yes, I didn't pick up on the spelling error until after it was all said and done-pooh) and on Yahoo at pambakerrn.
I would love to help you thru all that stuff. My fave thing to do!! Really, no fooling. I can send you a primer...called Pam's Primer for Alt + number. I have some basic html stuff on an old post here.
Anytime I can help. I had my own help, Leesa,when I first started out so I would be delighted to pass this on.
♥Pam
and P.S. ramble all ya want...s'your blog baby!!
;0]

9/19/2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

I loved the rambling! I just got out of class 45 minutes early so I had an hour before my next class. I have studied none stop for days and felt like I wanted to relax during this time and reading your ramblings helped me relax! Really! I even laughed out loud.

You are doing great at this globbing stuff! I use Flickr for my photos and I would be glad to help you on that. Email me if you want. I have been kind of dodging someone on YahooIM. :) hee hee

9/19/2006 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Oh my...Picasa, Firefox, Photobucket, Flickr ....
My head is spinning !!!

Pam: Thanks for all the step-by-step directions. When I have an hour or two, I going to try.

Julie: Glad you had a chance to relax and laugh. Are you studying for tests or is it just the usual classwork?

9/19/2006 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I AM SO PROUD OF MY LITTLE STUDENT. Hmmmm, I played "teacher" twice this week :). I think you learned more than my young scribe, though...

I'm GLAD you ask all these questions--sometimes you help ME (by the answers you receive), and I'm sure some of your readers have similar questions.

Were you a pirate yesteday? I could've sworn I got a comment from you as a pirate, but I don't see anything here @ it.

Thanks for your kind words here...made my morning :).

9/20/2006 04:20:00 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Robin: AARRR Matey, Dread Pirate Flint AND Red Charity Rackham here. Yes, a pirate with Multiple Personalites, that me.

9/20/2006 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

I still can't do links, of any sort...Don't mind rambling at all....

9/20/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger M J said...

I use photobucket when Blogger is belching at me. Simple to use and provides you with a URL to paste into your post.

9/20/2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger G said...

Wow - you're a linking machine! Nice job and enjoyed hopping about...let me go see if I missed any.

9/21/2006 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home