Thursday, August 24, 2006

GLOBBING . . . How do I start?

A little more than a year ago, I had never heard the word BLOG. That's GLOB or GOLB for those of us who are lysdexic. OK, well maybe I'd heard it, I had just never looked at at GLOB, much less posted to one. And no, I've not been living under a rock. I had just been living in my own little world. I was visiting my oldest daughter and her boyfriend in D.C. when I learned what a GLOB was and have since then, become more and more interested. Every day, I create something in my head (cobwebs) that I want to share but have never been serious about REALLY sharing my cobwebs in a GLOB. That is, until TODAY.

So here goes.

My FIRST motivation for doing this: I am a retired teacher and loved my job. Actually, I loved my 'kids' (A loving way to refer to my students.) I loved creating lesson plans that were interesting, different, motivational, creative, and on and on. I loved seeing the "light bulb go off" in their eyes. I miss all that. I still "create lesson plans." I just don‚t write them down and "share" them anymore. Lessons plans provided structure for my day. I now realize I still need that structure and feel that creating a GLOB will fill that need.

My SECOND motivation: At my age, I'm finding I can't remember as well as I once did. Not that I ever had a good memory, but it is failing me to a certain degree. It has been proven that continuing to learn, study, and try new activities helps. Plus, it might make me a more interesting person. After having checked out several GLOBS, I have seen the networking that takes place. Not to mention the fun I'm having doing this.

My THIRD motivation: I don't have a clue how to put a picture up - OR record an audio clip, or maybe even to post back, but I want to learn. So, I will need some help and my new globberfriends will need some patience.

Just a little BLURB about me:

I signed my first teaching contract in 1972 when I was 19. At this point, some of you may be doing the math. How old is she? And possibly asking, did she have a credible license to teach.

Chronologically I am—well, you do the math. . Developmentally is yet to be determined. The answer to the second is: YES.

You will find spelling, capitalization, punctuation, grammar, etc. errors in my GLOB. My singular subject may not match my plural verb. My tenses may never match. Feel free to correct me. I can handle constructive criticism.

More BLURBS will come later.

20 Comments:

Blogger Susan in va said...

WOO HOO!!! I'm the first person to comment on your glob!

Now I'm going back to read it :)

8/24/2006 03:32:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Congratulations SUSAN. You win for being the first to post !!
Not sure what you've won...maybe Ree has something in her closet I can talk her out of to send you.
By the way, for you first-time bloggers, Ree has a GLOB entitled Confessions of a Pioneer Woman.
As soon as I learn how to list my favorite Globs, I'll do so.

8/24/2006 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Hey NLL (short for Nekked Lizard Lady) Thank you ! Thank You ! You are a computer genius. Just wish you lived here to tooter me.

8/24/2006 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Hey KKC...Thanks for the post. How are things in SoonerLand?

8/24/2006 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

YIPPEEE!!! So glad to see your GLOB!!! Fodwox!! When your profile popped up it said you are in Colorado. I then remembered I was supposed to be trying to figure out where you lived. Sorry!!! I will play better at the next game!! Promise!

So where are you in Colorado? Our kids are in Creede, and we just got back from Colorado Springs a few weeks ago.

email me: butchnjulie at gmail dot com
I have a little secret to help you with your glob.

Again, Congrats!! Look forward to reading more.

8/24/2006 06:28:00 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

CONGRATS on entering the blogosphere!

I've been seeing your comments everywhere I go - and now we can get to know you even better!!!!

Looking forward to some more reading!

8/24/2006 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Julie: OK, is this enough of a clue? Consider the GLOB clue #4. I said I was WAY WEST of you...in another Time Zone...physically and mentally. What is a fodwox?

tqflasher: Not sure who you are so throw some clues my way. Maybe if I knew what you were "flashin" that might clue-me-in.

karmyn r: Thanks for the post. Hopefully, I can get a story up tomorrow. If not, you'll know I didn't figure it out. Will ask Nekked Lizard Lady for assistance.

8/24/2006 08:16:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Dear Mr. Parker,
I'm so thrilled you considered yourself lucky to be my student.
Thanks for the compliment.
I'll try to be brief in answering your question. (But as you already know, being brief is not what I do well.)I went to a 2-room country school in SE Oklahoma. Actually, it had more than 2 rooms, but only 2 classrooms. The Little Room (grades 1-4) and the Big Room (grades 5-8) When I was in 3rd grade, there were only 2 students, myself and another girl. The teacher (my mother) decided to move one to 4th grade and one to 2nd grade. Guess who was moved up? I graduated high school in 1969 at age 16 and enrolled in summer school at Southeastern State College in Durant (pronounced DOO-rant) a few weeks later. I took mini-mesters, correspondence courses, and the maximum number of hours allowed per semester. In the spring of 1972, I graduated, applied for a teaching position in Antlers, signed my contract that May, and started a career that I loved so much. The rest is history.

8/24/2006 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Please go see Fodwox at my blog --- last week or so ... you'll see what it is or what it can be. It's magic.

And welcome to the blogospher. Or glosphegear.. or whatever you called it.

I'm addicted and I had to force myself to go out and dead head flowers tonight - and WE ATE CANTALOUPE out of our miniature garden.

So I'm late commenting.

I also have to look up anodes in the dictionary - or I might think you've been over @ Ree's when they're steering the bulls.

8/24/2006 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Mr. Parker: OK, now I know who you are, so get over here and help me get some pictures on this GLOB.
PLEASE !

Pamela: I will check out Fodwox tomorrow. Glosphegear is a good one. We'll add it to the Glob Dictionary. Did you salt the cantaloupe? I saw something about salting fruit on someone's glob this week. Anodes have nothing to do with steering Ree's bulls. But keep trying, or you may "rust, corrode, or become swampy."

8/24/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Hey Swampy you made it!! Good to see you.

8/24/2006 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Quickly, Swampwitch, Welcome to the Globosphere :). Over from Willowtree and glad to see you made the step over "here". I'm in a hurry now, but I'll be back to actually finish reading all your posts ;)

8/25/2006 04:15:00 AM  
Blogger pixielyn said...

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate, I tried posting and something happened and I dont know if it saved or poofed.

swampwitch it is great to see you having your own blog (glob) as I've enjoyed your comments here and there and this is a wonderful beginning!!! I cant wait to read more.
thank you

8/25/2006 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

WillowTree: G'daye Mayte...nice to "see" you.

SWSpawn: You little blooger you. I knew you would find me. Can't wait to hear your stories.

Pixielyn: Glad to know other Globber's Posts go Poof. Thanks for reading.

8/25/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Robin: Are those really your feet? Nice pedicure...thanks for the welcome to the Globsophere. Look forward to hearing from you.

8/25/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Swampwitch: my brother posted this on my blog after you posted something about where you lived.
I may have to do a story about this.

Swawpswitch--Pamela grandmother was married in sight of grand mesa-05-25-95--Grandmas'older brothers helped settle the umcomprad're(sp) indian reservation and form Delta Col--Cedaredge ect. they were good friends with the Indian chief and his wife(chief Ouray and wife chipeta) i have a picture of Delta taken toward the grand mesa in the early 1890's or maybe even late 1880's--Pam has a fun blog--(her brother)

--
Posted by mike to THE DUST WILL WAIT at 8/24/2006 10:48:53 PM

8/25/2006 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Debs said...

Thanks for posting on my blog :) I LOVED your comment. I think I can relate to your theory as well *LOL*

8/25/2006 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Pamela: I responded to your brother's post on your GLOB. Thanks for sharing it with me.
Small World!

Debs: I look forward to reading more of your GLOB.


ATTENTION: Enrollment now open for :
Swampwitch's Multiple Personality Class...See my post on MI vs MP.

8/26/2006 07:41:00 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Did you ever get a chance to read

8/28/2006 06:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevermind telling me how to make comments. I think I figured it out. Such fun to read everyone's thoughts. Will keep reading, esp. about clean garages, clean closets, multiple intelligences and Hans. Tell more doggie stories. They're hilarious, too.

8/29/2006 08:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home