Friday, September 08, 2006

GLOB: A Dyslexic's Acronym for Blogging

G- enuine
L- ove
O -f
B- logging

Objective #1: to change the negative connonation for the poor little word (acronym)
GLOB

Objective #2: to compile all the GLOB words that were were either posted, e-mailed
to me, or left on my answering machine (I loved hearing the smile in
your voices.)

Objective #3: to motivate readers to continue to post ACTUAL blog terms/definitions/
instructions/links/etc. to be compiled into a USEFUL Blog Dictionary
that will be published at a later date.

Concerning my use of the acronym GLOB, thanks for your sense of humor and your
ability to think outside the box from all of you. . . well, almost all of you. :)

A later post will be dedicated to those of us with a learning "difference" (I refused
to call them learning "disabilities" when I was teaching) and to share what it
requires to function in the verbal-linguistic world of blogging.

It has come to my attention that when someone hears/sees the word (acronym)
GLOB, it conjures up something negative. Two readers brought that to my
attention, but one joined in and contributed anyway. The other was quite
verbal about my misue of the word (acronym) GLOB.

To all of you, I send:
globs of good health
globs of sunshine + a little rain= rainbow
globs of happiness
globs of hugs
globs of everything that is good and nice

Here are a few of the contributions to the:

GLOBTIONARY

glibber - carefree globber

globber - one who globs

globbersphere - out there somewhere

globbospace - see globbersphere

glopionion - whatever you think

globneophyte - one who is new to globbing

globtitude- outlook on globs

gloptitude - aptitude of globs

You are welcome to add more GLOB terms, but especially to contribute
more real Blog terms that will be compiled in a Blog Dictionary for
those new to the Blog World.

Thanks for sharing and making us smile. Remember, it takes more
muscles to frown than it does to smile. Until next time,
I'll keep in Globbing through this Swamp.

5 Comments:

Blogger Old Dominion Heather said...

glibglob: a well written glob

glumglob: a depressing glob

glamglob: a glob with lots of "extras"


this is fun...

I don't know ant real terms.

9/08/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Globbaversary-the anniversary of the date you began globbing (my globbaversary is SATURDAY!!!)

I can come up with NOTHING for the vacuum sucked wine pics...I so wish I could. Hate it when I.got.NOTHING!

Looking forward to your return :)

9/08/2006 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Great attitude, Swampwitch! Very globerific!

9/08/2006 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hyper Globink
A link with ADHD
Globathy When you don't give a Shit
Globorrhea Too much Shit
Globopottamos Hippo sized post
Globstipation When you don't post nothin'


Sorry about the "shit" words
I had to use them because they made the darn words work

9/08/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

LOL! "globstication" is a good one!

globificate: Derivative of "pontificate" = to "glob" in a pompous or arrogant manner.

globster: A young "globber".

glabber: A babbling globber. :)

9/09/2006 05:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home