Friday, September 01, 2006










Sunrise over Lake Washington Sunrise over The Grand Mesa and Mt. Garfield

Songbird. . . These Sunrises are for you...

Today is the last day until Monday that I will be able to post. I don't even know if I can publish your posts from my location. SO, if you don't see your post, just know that I will do so sometime Monday. PLEASE don't abandon me. . . I'll be back . . . (Isn't that a line in some movie?)

Here's the plan: just as I did when I was teaching and had to be away from my "kiddos," I would leave a Lesson Plan for each day for the substitute teacher.

Hopefully, I will be able to leave several "Lesson Plans" on my GLOB. As usual, this will be random. The plans will be directed to those of you who have children, grandchildren, teachers, or you just like to slog through this swamp with me. My suggestion to to read just one "Lesson Plan" each day.

My objective: to hopefully put something out there that can be useful and fun.

"You can learn more about a man in an hour of play than in a year of conversation." ----PLATO

Just looking back for a minute, I had never seen a GLOB until August 7. (Ree's Confession of a Pioneer Woman) Thank you David !! ...and yes, WillowTree, I have written down your instructions and will work on how to LINK. Motivated by the lack of computer knowledge, I decided GLOBBING would be a wonderful way to learn more. . . and it's working . . .

Unfortunately, some of my first stories are not listed anymore ie. Hanstory #1. Does anyone know where it is?

See, I told you this would be RANDOM...

To SwampwitchSpawn and LAW... Thank you for being so tolerant and not shutting down my computer from your locations because I know you are both capable of doing that.

Now, I'm going to attempt to post my Lesson Plans.

See you Monday... Swampwitch, signing off.

16 Comments:

Blogger Silly Hily said...

Those sunrises are beautiful.

9/01/2006 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm no longer content with sunsets.
I'm going to have to set my alarm for some early camera time.

9/01/2006 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

These are beautiful skylines.

Love to all....

9/01/2006 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Beautiful pics!

And your Hanstory #1 is now in your Archives. - On your sidebar (clear to the bottom right)- click on the August 2006. All your August posts will be brought up. You will find that post clear down on the bottom of your page. It is stil there. Only archived neatly away on some server until you bring it up.

Also - another way to access it (or find it) is to keep clicking on the bottommost "Recent Post" until the post you are looking for is displayed.

FINALLY - at the very top of your page is the Blogger Task bar - there is an empty white box with a button afterwards that says "Search this blog". Simply type in Hanstory, click on the button and you should get the post you are looking for!!!

You are doing great!!! Sometimes learning this glob stuff is frustrating, but you will get the hang of it.

9/01/2006 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Debs said...

WOW!! Love the pics of the sunrises :)

By the way, the comment you left on my blog about your daughter was toooooo cute!! :) Thanks for sharing it :)

9/01/2006 01:23:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

SILLYHILLY: Yes, those sunrises are beautiful...even in Washington.

PAMELA: You can always go back to bed after you "capture" the sunrise.

KARMYN: Thanks for all the info. Found the stories. I'm learning so much from my new GLOBBER friends. Now if I could figure out how to get a saved post to post on the day I want it to. I had saved one to use later, and it posted but ended up in my archives.

DEBS: First, thanks for the glup (that's plug in a lysdexic's world). Yes, kids do say the darndest things, don't they.

TO ALL: I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with my GLOB while I'm gone, so please don't desert me.

9/01/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Woops...
ANGEL FEATHERS TICKLE ME:
Thanks for visiting...your GLOB is spectacular...my first time there today.

9/01/2006 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Oh, thank you , thank you for the beautiful sunrise pictures. What joy they bring to my soul!!

9/01/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

I still haven't finished the last assignment! I'm going to fail this class, I know I am....Do you give any extra credit?

9/01/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

SONGBIRD: glad you liked the sunrises...

SUSAN:You aren't going to fail this class. Extra credit points can always be earned. I think I'll have WillowTree write some questions about HMTL (or whatever order those letters are in) and you can answer them. I won't know if you're correct or not, so relax. You still have a A+...

9/02/2006 06:37:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Okay, now I understand you are spelling it "GLOB" on purpose. Disregard the e-mail I sent you!

"Permalink:" The web address (url) that appears in your browser when you left-click on any of the titles of your previous posts in your sidebar or someone else's previous posts in their sidebar.

"Blogosphere:" The internet blogging community.

"Trackback:" A system where a ping is sent to another blog to notify the administrator of that blog that his/her blog has been mentioned by you.

"Sideblog:" A smaller blog often placed in the sidebar of a blog.

"Header:" The topmost part of a blog that lists the title of the blog.

9/02/2006 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

By the way, I will link you up.

9/02/2006 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Whoa, Swampie!!! Those are INCREDIBLE! I love the colors. So artistic.

9/02/2006 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

GAYLE: They (whoever they are) say to learn something new everyday...WOW after my posts today, I'm way ahead for this week... actually, that's how my "brian" sees the word BLOG so it's just easier to type it that way...

REE: Hey you busy pioneer woman...thanks for the post and I loved the pic of your sister's lurch for the bouquet today..you know I have an album full of 3rd grade and up of her and several sidekicks...???

9/02/2006 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger Malinda777 said...

Lotta new stuff here, and don't ask me why "this one" stuck out in my mind as "absolute truth", but I'm a middle aged woman, and one thing you published I KNOW TO BE TRUE... (hehehe)

"You CAN learn more about a MAN in an hour of play than in a year of conversation" :)

BTW, I've been busy in this holiday weekend, but I did get your message to Glenda :)

9/04/2006 03:49:00 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

MALINDA777: You know, I used that quote from PLATO for many years and never realized that was what he might have been talking about...girl,you are so intuitive.

9/04/2006 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home