Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Birthday and Verbal - Linguistic cont'd

We interrupt this Verbal-Linguisitic Post to wish someone a Happy Birthday !

Captions for this picture:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

A-H-H-H to be sixteen again . . .

What Is This Man Doing?

Forty Years Ago

Where in the World Is Waldohans?

Look Mom, it followed me home.
Can we keep it?

More???


Now, back to the assignment:

There are no wrong answers in this classroom. Everyone who participated, receives an A+. The following are more definitions and sentences to add to yours.

Ammo: (song)
Ammo 'ole cowhand, from the Rio Grande.

Bidness: (enterprise)
There's no bidness lak show bidness . . .

Bidness: (concern)
It's none 'o yore bidness.

Cainchew: (question)
Cainchew tawuk lak a good Suthner?

Dogue: (domesticated animal) other pronunciation: dawg
To keep yore dogue (dawg) happy, thow him a bisgit.
Better yet, thow him a cayut. (Just kidding you cayut lubbers)

Etchicashun: (knowledge developed by formal skoolin')
Etchicashun is a grate thang. After yew gradjuate yew can go out and git a job.

Melzie , I like the way you incorporated all the vocabulary words into one sentence. And yes, we really do tawuk lak this . . . anyway, aye do.

I'm impressed that Minka is always in class considering the long commute she has everyday from Iceland. Your wires may be crossed but at least they haven't shorted out like mine.

It is very important BarnGoddess that you use a Suthern' dictionary on your compooter.

There is never any need for test anxiety in this classroom, Gawilli . Just keep reading.

Please let everyone know that there is no need for test anxiety, Julie . Beer helps with anything, especially if given to the proctor . . .that would be me. You have earned your A+ whether you turn in any more assignments or not. Just look at my new pictures at the top of the page. Not to mention, all my new categories along the right side. This classroom is under construction and Julie has her hard hat on. Oh, and I may change my user name to Turkey Turd. Thank you very much.

My new knowledge for linking is attributed to Pam who has stuck with me along the way with directions as detailed as, ". . . check your CPU (the big thing you put your CD's in) to make sure your speakers are plugged in . Yes, the photo was taken in the Land of Rain and Coffee. Thanks for giving clues and not the exact answer. And, you did find Waldo aka: Waldodavid. Your link to gat makes me gag. But, Knowledge is Power.


And, Willi also located Waldo (Waldodavid). It's very obvious you are a teacher.

You know what they say Tiggerlane . On a test, it's usually your first though that's correct.

And a new vocab word for No . Checking in from Pioneer Woman and her trip to the museum.

It's never too late to turn in an assignment Ree . Even though you do have a good excuse since it's your 10th Wedding Anniversary. Don't drink too much Starbucks Coffee.
Happy Anniversary.

All excuses are accepted for tardiness Pamela , especially when you step in dogue (dawg) doo.

Glad you were in class today C . Thanks for sharing your Scottish phrases.

That would be Waldodavid behind the sculpture, G.

And last of all, Nothans, thanks for visiting the classroom today. Check closely for the
Space Needle in the pic.

If you don't have a clue what we are talking about here, read the comments from yesterday's post. That might help or maybe not !

I apologize to anyone else who posts today that I've not responded to you, but I must go make a birthday cake for The Man in the Picture.

I do hope that all the links work. If yours didn't please let me know. Swampwitch :)


17 Comments:

Blogger Susan in va said...

AAARRRGG!! I missed it - this looked like a lot of fun....so I'm writin' a sentence anyway.

"CAINCHEW see I'm busy?"

and I'm throwin' two more in fer fun:
"Yore truck got GUITARS awn it?"
GUITARS (noun): Good Tires

"I like gittin' FLARES for mah bir'day."
FLARES (noun): Flowers

9/21/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Geez - was just a little busy yesterday and missed out. oh well! looked like fun!!!

9/21/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger M J said...

HAHAHAH!!! I just didn't get it until now and I am dying with laughter. OK, I know how you think now, I will have to try the next one.

9/21/2006 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Aw dang. I always miss the assignments.
That's all I can say b/c I am no longer able to concentrate b/c there is a HOT photo of a HAUT man on your website. DUDE! That is one cut body. Those arms, those legs, whew....are any of you other ladies getting warm?
Boy, when you caught your fish from the sea you sure did pick a fine one didn't you?
Happy birthday to the stud. I'm sure he's still as studly today as he was back then.

9/21/2006 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

Hey there, happy birthday to the fisherman...just was letting you know that I am trying the Yucatan soup tonight...with chipotle peppers, though...just a little twist...I am excited by new soup recipes!!!

9/21/2006 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Hey - just to let you know the GC came in the mail today. Thank you -

I am heading out tomorrow for a Mama-Time Scrapbook Retreat, so won't be returning until Sunday. When I use it - YES - I will post what I bought!!!

9/21/2006 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

First of all, happy b-day to the stud muffin. Secondly, I thought I would share another verbal-linguistic do-hickey (sp?) with you. I hollered this one to my kids this afternoon. (Background info: It was a chilly 62 here today and they were outside in shorts and short sleeved shirts.)

ARNCHALLCOLD (question): As in,
"Aren't you all cold?"

I couldn't believe my own mouth.

9/21/2006 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Hello to everyone who posted today. It was a busy day, so I can't respond individually.
Knee-deep in birthday cake, ice cream, and company. This post may be up for a few days because Telluride is calling my name. Please don't "dessert" me.
Swampwitch.

9/21/2006 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

Telluride? Where do you live? I used to live in the Cortez/Mancos area and work at Mesa Verde! It was, hands down, the most beautiful place I have ever been.

9/21/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

Hey Goddess---another A+...I think I figured out the second part of the linking process, but now I'm just too lazy to do it....next class maybe.

9/22/2006 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm crackin' up at Susan and her linguisms (I didn't know that's how they talked in VA) and Sily Hily--she's waaaaaaay hot & bothered.

But, durn, he's a fine specimen of a fisherman. For some reason, reminds me of the old Tarzan shows. He's buff, but not too much so. And the suit...lol...what can I say? They don't make 'em like that anymore ;)

9/22/2006 05:36:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, sometimes I miss the most obvious things. How's that saying go...
"if it'd been a snake, it'd bit me."

Got a surprise in the mail yesterday and promptly went out and bought something. Posting soon.
You are far too generous. But I must say I enjoy your blog or glob, tremendously as well as interacting with you. I look forward to many happy blog entries.
♥Pam

9/22/2006 06:16:00 AM  
Blogger MSU gal said...

sorry i am just catching up, but assignments do get me a little stressed. every now and then i have this dream that my old college calls and tells me i haven't earned all my credits and they are going to take my degree away unless i go back to school for one more class. at my age, this dream makes me wake up in a cold sweat.

9/22/2006 06:28:00 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

my link works :)) thnaks!!

holy cow, BIG FISH!!! now I am wanting some grilled salmon for dinner instead of the pork loin I have thawing-grrr

okay, now where do I get a Sutherin dictionary? I am at a loss here (wink!)

9/22/2006 07:30:00 AM  
Blogger Biddie said...

Happy Birthday to the fisherman with the cool swim gear!
Sorry that I missed the assignment, I never was very good with homework..

9/22/2006 09:13:00 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Happy Belated Birthday Hans!!! Hope you enjoy your time in Telluride.

9/22/2006 08:49:00 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

I'm with Robin. I thought of Johnny Weismuller when I first saw the picture. (Wasn't JW the original Tarzan?!!) Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope the festivities were wonderful!

9/23/2006 02:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home