Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Request #1



When I was thinking about my blog, I tried to think of categories to place my MUSINGS into. Remember, I said it would be random? Well, I am stumbling through this, clueless as to what I'm doing. My daughters are holding their breath(s) that I don't embarrass them (AGAIN).
I had good intentions of following a format, lesson plan if you will. Being in the classroom for over 25 years causes one to follow a lesson plan. My GLOB was going to help me structure my life. I had received many e-mails about my GLOB. Some have not gone to the GLOB, but I will try to accomodate your requests.
My first request: OK, Swampwitch . . .enough of this Kum-ba-ya, sunsets, and lesson plans. Let's see something that really depicts what's going on.
So, you asked for it . . . here it is:
Now, here's where it gets tricky again. I don't have a clue where these pictures are going to end up. I want them to be on this post. And, yes, WillowTree, I know you have sent me directions, and I'm working on it. Nekked Lizard Lady, you're the best but you're over the river, through the woods, and on the Front Range . . .
Whoever is reading this is just going to have to understand, I'm trying to get the pictures with the post. If they don't show up in the right place, I'll keep working on it. Please be patient.
My hopes is to someday have a GLOB that's as good as Ree's. Stay tuned, because I hope to post about 7 names of GLOBS you will enjoy sometime this week. I'm working on how to add a link. That's tomorrow's objective.
In the meantime . . .
My suggestion: Be careful what you ask for darlin' . . . it might come true. No Kum-by-yas, Sunsets, or Lesson Plans today . . .
If anyone out there recognizes these two renegades, let me know.
Also, I think I've successfully changed the default for those of you who don't want to set-up a GLOBBER account. You can just log on as other, come up with a display name, and comment. BUT, please understand, it may take awhile to get any "off-color" comments deleted because of my schedule, so if there is something posted that's obtrusive, bear with me. Eventually, I'll get if off the GLOB.

13 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

click on the time on my no comment post.

I'm laughing at myself...

8/29/2006 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh.. ps. click on the horses once they show up.

I just thought you needed a little music to go with your post
(:

8/29/2006 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

PAMELA !!!
How did you do that? I am so envious of all of you who are
compooter savvy.
For those of you who are wondering what we are talking about:
Go to Pamela's first post, click on the time 8:49, click on each horse and enjoy the concert.

8/29/2006 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well... I'm embarassed because I meant to put a link in there.. and I was suprised to see I linked it to the post time. I'm learning, but doing some really stupid things in the meantime.

Enjoy.

My grandaughter Curly Mop luuuuuvs the horses

8/29/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

I'm in no way computer savvy but I'm learning and so will you. It just takes some time and a lot of trail and error.

Okay, who are those people on the bike? B/c that chick? I want her arms! Da-yum!

8/30/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Oh, and your comment you left me about you having to wear the pants b/c hubby doesn't know where they are....hilarious. That cracked me up.

8/30/2006 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

I love reading your posts - you are VERY CLEVER. I wish I could transfer what was in my brain to paper (computer) like you do.

I love the name of your blog! But, hey, if you want a new name, I'll be happy to vote for one. I should have done that - I was so anxious to start my own glob that I didn't give the title much thought. Oh, well....

8/30/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

PAMELA: If you're embarrassed about where you put the link, then I'm really embarrassed because I can't even get a link at all, yet.

SILLY HILLY: The gal is a cool friend with a colorful past. Actually, that's her head on my body...and if you believe that, I have some ocean-front property in CO to sell you. The guy is a pilot friend who loves to visit the high desert.

SUSAN: Thank you for the compliment. I do plan to have a contest to rename my GLOB but will probably wait to see if there are enough people who read it and who care to vote.

8/30/2006 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I was going to say, "WOW - is that you on the Harley, swampwitch? You've got some killer biceps!"

But, then, you answered it. cool friend!

8/30/2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Swampy you did it!!!! Photos and words in the SAME post! Now you're talking.

As to the comments that need to be deleted, I was going to mention earlier that there really isn't much of a need for comment moderation as bad comments are fairly rare.

You're progressing in leaps and bounds.

Hint: As for links, I find it easier to have 2 windows opened, that way you can go to the secondary window, get the thing you want to link to onscreen and highlight the address and select copy, then go back to your post, highlight the word you want to link from, click the button that looks like a chain, and then paste into the little window that pops up. Hope that's not too confusing.

8/30/2006 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Debs said...

Cool pics :) I am still learning as well, I have yet learn to make a "link" on the comments. I will learn ;)

8/30/2006 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

KARMYNR: We can just pretend to have biceps like hers.

NEKKEDLIZARDLADY: Elbows ! Earlobes! and Eyebrows! ...What a great name for a GLOB.

WILLOWTREE: G'daye Mayte !You just keep hangin' in there with me every step of the way. I was tempted to call Australia and ask if they had a listing for some guy named Willow Tree who lived in Willow Tree to ask for your help. I'm still having problems getting my pictures to post. It's just random (like me) if they go up or not. I think I need to get Flickr and work from there.

8/30/2006 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

You're not the problem with pictures, Blogger is. It's struggling under the weight and sometimes poops out.

8/30/2006 05:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home